Sunday, March 6, 2011

I've never been "gotten" before today!

So, my oldest child is the nosiest person you will ever meet.  He can not help it.  He just has a very natural inquisitiveness that causes him to want to know everything.  Sometimes, it just bugs me...it drives me nuts.  But, I know where he gets it from.  ME!  It is very hard to admit that folks.  Hi! My name is Jennifer and I am nosey.  There, I said it and you know what? I don't feel better having admitted it.  I usually find out just about everything beforehand.  Due to this insanity, I am rarely surprised. 
Today....today, I was completely and utterly surprised.  A group of very near and dear people got a huge one over on me.  They threw a shower for Amelia. Honestly, it is my fifth child and I never dreamed about a shower for her.
My sister, the little sneaky pete that she is, called me yesterday and asked me if I would be willing to help my mom with a wedding shower that she was catering at her tea room.  My mom has regular help but this was supposedly a last minute thing that my mom was going to do for a friend. Now, if you know me, you know that I love my Sunday afternoon siesta. Well, for my mom, I'd do it.  She kept my kids from the day I went back to work from having them until I decided to stay home with them.  So I told her I would help.  Then my mom called and made up some story about an impromptu shower one of her friends wanted to have.  My hubbie was even in on the news and did not spill the beans.  I left from lunch at my Grandmother's (our Sunday ritual also) and head up to the tearoom with my sister completely, utterly, and totally unaware of the real reason for giving up my Sunday nap. As we pull in to the parking lot, instead of pulling to the back as we do when we are helping, Rachel pulled in to the very front.  Strange, but it is Rachel (I love you honey). Then, I looked over and spotted Jamie's mother's car. I see her and my sweetheart nieces retrieving pink bags from the trunk and it hit me that something was up.  I looked at my sister and asked her what on earth was going on, and as I looked over at her she had the deer in the headlights look in her eyes.  Bless her heart, she did not know what to say.  She later said that she was telepathically trying to tell Jamie's mom to hurry and jump in the trunk for a minute.  So, needless to say, in my precarious emotional state, the tears began to flow in buckets.  My precious friends and family had set up the most beautiful and touching shower for my sweet baby girl.  Once I had filled up a bucket or two, I dried up the tears and had such a wonderful and blessed time.  I did not have my camera, but several others did, so I will try to post pictures of this special afternoon later. I have never been so blessed and humbled. 
Amelia, got some of the cutest things and now I am super excited for her to get here so I can use them. 
God has truly blessed me with wonderful people in my life...so, so many wonderful people.  I am humbled to my very core.

I love you all and can not thank you enough!

Much love,

5 comments:

  1. That's so sweet, Jen! I'm crying reading about how your family and friends have blessed you in such a sweet and surprising way. You deserve it girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that is so darn sweet of them. I'm glad you shared this here. His blessings overflow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. Glad they did this for you. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jennifer, I love that they blessed you and loved on you! I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great surprise!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete