Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Long time no blog.

Wow, I can not believe that Amelia is already two weeks old.  I have been MIA from the blog world for most of those two weeks.  I finally got on the old Facebook this weekend some.  I have lots of blog reading to do to catch up with everyone. 

So, what has been going on at the Hill household...
Where to begin??????
Well, Amelia is doing great.  She got to come home only having to stay one day more than me.  I actually got to stay that night and room in with her.  So, I did not have to leave her.  I thank God for that because having left the hospital with empty arms once, I was so afraid I would panic if I had to this time. 
These past two weeks have just been a whirlwind for me.  So many wonderful family members, friends, and church family have gone completely out of their way to take care of my family.  We are truly blessed. My emotions have been all over the place, which in part is a hormone issue but also in part that having a new baby has caused me to miss Eli so much more.  Sometimes when I look at her, she looks just like Eli did.  There is a strong resemblance between the two of them. 
The kiddos are adjusting to having a new baby at home.  Lucie Rose is having the toughest time. She is trying to find her new place as big sister.  My sister told me that on the way to the hospital to see their new sister Lucie Rose asked her if Amelia was going to get to go home with us.  She also said that Cooper was visibly nervous and wanted reassurance that everything was going to be alright this time. Cooper is the most tender with Amelia.  They all love to hold her but Cooper is especially lovie to her.  Cooper is not a snuggly or huggie child and never has been. It is sweet to watch the kiddos with her.
Jamie is working long hours right now because of tax season.  He leaves early each day and is worn out by the time he gets home. We are looking forward to April 18th when he will be home more and we can spend some family time together.
I am trying to get over Bronchitis (not great to have with an 8 inch gash on my belly) and adjust to a feeding schedule for little Miss Amelia.  She started off as a great nurser but has regressed some in that.  She is such a sleepy baby that she just falls asleep while nursing now.  We are working on that and supplementing some to make sure she is gaining weight.
That is about it for an update on how things are going. I will post her birth story at some point.  Thank you all for your prayers, well wishes and thoughts! I am feeling truly blessed!

Much love,

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogging Momma! :)
    Still so very happy for you. Glad Miss Amelia is home safe and sound and didn't have to hang out at the hospital very long!

    LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! so glad to hear from you again! Hope you are getting some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved hearing from you! And about how you're all doing. Would love to see more photos of sweet Amelia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God's Lent Child
    I’ll lend you for a little while, a child of mine, God said
    For you to love the while he lives and mourn for when he’s dead.
    It may be six or seven years, or forty-two or three
    But will you, till I call him back, take care of him for me?

    He’ll bring his charms to gladden you and should his stay be brief
    You’ll always have his memories as a solace in your grief.
    I cannot promise he will stay, since all from earth return,
    But there are lessons taught below I want this child to learn.

    I’ve looked this whole world over in my search for teachers true
    And from the folk that crowd Life’s lane I have chosen you.
    Now will you give him all your love and not think the labour vain,
    Nor hate me when I come to take this lent child back again?

    I fancy that I heard them say “Dear God, thy will be done.
    For all the joys this child will bring the risk of grief we’ll run.
    We will shelter him with tenderness, we’ll love him while we may
    And for all the happiness we’ve ever known, we’ll ever grateful stay.
    But should the angels call him much sooner than we’d planned
    We will brave the bitter grief that comes and try to understand."
    ~ Author Unknown

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jennifer, Congrats on the new baby and such a beautiful family. I just recently found your blog through Facebook and I am so glad I did. I have just now had the time to read some and catch up. Hope you all are adjusting well with the new baby and continue to stay healthy and well! God Bless your family.

    ReplyDelete