Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hooray!!!

We had a boring old school day! Not sure about you, but I am a huge fan of boring! It took a little while to motivate the boys to get back to business as usual but we finally did.  We stayed home all day today and just enjoyed a little normalcy! I actually got to sit down on the couch by 9:30 tonight and share a little time with Jamie and Amelia.  It was nice to say the least.

What happens when life throws you a curve ball and disrupts your normal flow? Well, you just have to go with it.  When you homeschool it is even more difficult to maneuver around those curves. That is when you take a little help where it is offered. 

Last school year we had a wonderful, amazing curve thrown our way.  Amelia was born a month early, thus throwing us a curve that had to be dealt with.  She was born in the height of tax season and for those of you who have been reading my musings for a while, you know that tax season is Jamie's ubber crazy time.  He works lots of hours.  Since I had a c-section with Eli, I had to have another with Amelia.  Recovering from major surgery, loving on a new baby, dealing with the everyday and three other sweetlings was more taxing than normal.  We put school on hold for two weeks.  When we did get going again, it was tedious.  I am so thankful for my church and the wonderful members who stepped up as well as amazing family and friends.  The Sunday before we began school again, a precious member of our church approached me and said that she would like to help us get rolling again in school.  She taught middle school math for more than 30 years.  She was just what the doctor ordered. I honestly am not sure I would have made it through that first week without Mrs. MaeBeth's help.  She was a God send! She came in a few mornings that week and took over the schooling for me.  That allowed me to be able to take care of our new bundle of joy, hang out with LR, do some laundry, and sweep some floors.  All things that needed to be done.

There are times in homeschooling when we need to take a little (or a lot of) help.  Although us mothers would like to think we are super human, we are not!  It is difficult to give up the reins sometimes, but for sanity's sake it must be done. I am pleased to announce that through the curves, with the help of others, I maintained my sanity. 

Even this week in the midst of the insanity in my household, I'm maintaining people!  Couldn't have done it without my mama though!
Take the help!!! Then you too will be able to say
Hooray!!! 

Much love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment