Friday, October 21, 2011

Must Have in Bulk

It seems that some days we use this tool all too much.  Jay in particular hates it when I whip out the old eraser.  It means he has to do it over.  It frustrates him.  Coop does not get as undone when he has to use his eraser. 

Some days my poor table is covered with little specks of eraser shavings.  I know on those days some hard lessons have been learned. 

I am thankful for that little red tool. It means that there is a second chance on the horizon.  It means that the opportunity to correct a wrong has been extended.  How awesome would it be if people came equipped with an eraser.  Second chances do not come as easily in life as they do in school.


Some days are made for these erasers.  I think if I were to buy Jay this eraser, he would disown me as his mama and teacher.  It would be his undoing.  Cooper would just look at me and refuse to except this lovely little gift.  He doesn't make big mistakes.  Just ask him and he'll tell you so.

There have certainly been times in my life when I so wished that I had been equipped with this type of eraser.

There is a lesson to learn here.  Erasers do exist in life.  It is a simple, yet so complex word...forgiveness. This was our word of the week a few weeks back. 

Matthew 6:14-15
14For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Erasers are a must in school...maybe in life also! 

Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment