Monday, October 24, 2011

On the Must Have Wish List!


Proverbs 15:18
A wrathful man stirreth up strife: but he that is slow to anger appeaseth strife.



Today, I did not have much in the way of patience and tonight, I am kicking myself.  I have been looking back all evening thinking to myself, "Why didn't I say this or do it this way instead?"
 
I guess we all have those days from time to time, but that does not change the fact that I feel rotten about not having more patience.  Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully, I can do it better. 
 
Jamie's favorite saying is, "I asked God for patience and he gave me boys."  God's sense of humor is ever so evident some days.
 
Are there any words of wisdom out there for me on how to achieve more patience.  I know the bible says that love is patient, so maybe I should just practice that.  Love my babies into obedience, right? It is worth a shot for sure! So,maybe tomorrow when I feel my patience slipping and my frustration rising, I should just think warm fuzzy thoughts and issue hugs instead of harsh words and stern looks. Hmmm, I might be on to something here.  I'll give it a shot and let you know how it works for me. 
 
Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment