Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Knock on Wood

Totally not gonna be boastful anymore, although, I was not trying to boast.  When I typed a week or two, maybe three, ago that we have not really been sick since homeschooling, I meant it.  It was true.  It was a fact I was proud of.  I guess pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before the fall, right? And fall we did.  In the past week or so we have had an abscess and root canal, broken arm, and tonight Lucie Rose started running a temperature.  Not just a little temperature either.  Before I even realized she was sick, her fever jumped to 102. Her little soccer team party was tonight and I noticed she was just sitting there not participating.  Upon closer inspection, I noticed the tell-tale signs of fever...glassy eyes...listlessness...you know the drill.  I felt of her and she was hot, really hot.  I asked another mom to give her a feel and she agreed that she was really hot.  So, I did what any responsible mother would do.  I loaded her up and came home.  Bless her little heart, by the time we got home, after a pit stop to buy Motrin, she was miserable and crying.  Totally not feeling like mother of the year right now.  This coming after thinking Cooper was just being dramatic and discounting his broken arm for about 12 hours.
I spend 24 hours a day with my sweetlings and I am supposed to know them better than I do.  I am supposed to catch these things before they get out of hand, at least, so I thought. 

So yesterday, I really struggled with the patience thing and thought we really had a better day today.  I tried the love'em into obedience thing.  It seemed to work. 
Today, I struggle with not knowing my babies as well as I thought. 

Just so you know, everyday is not peaches and cream in the homeschool arena.  Some days do not even come close.  I still wouldn't take anything, anything AT ALL for being able to do this.  I completely feel like this is God's will for our lives.  Even when our faith is being tested, my resolve stays the same.  I'm just gonna have to pray harder and let my JOY outweigh all of the other stuff.  Trust me, next time I make a statement such as my kiddos have not been sick that much since beginning homeschooling, I'm gonna knock on the old proverbial wood. Having sick and hurt babies is NO FUN!  It breaks my heart when my babies do not feel good.  I just want to make it all better right away.

The upside to this is, I can be here to care for them and love on them and take them to the doctor and make chicken soup and and and and...The world does not stop turning.(Yes, I know this is a run on sentence.)  

Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment