Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Things Happen in Threes

Have you ever heard that statement?  Sometimes it certainly seems to happen that way doesn't it? I actually just wanted to share three things with you tonight.  It has been pretty boring around the Hill house and honestly, I hope it stays that way.  I like boring.  Boring is good. It only took me 3 (in a muffled voice)7 years to figure that out.  Actually, I have known that for a while.  Now, I embrace it fully. 

I digress! When I taught, it did not take the kiddos long to figure out Mrs. Hill liked to digress if they provided a digression worthy topic.  I had to really, really focus to not digress on those occasions. 

Yet still, I digress. (Ever wonder where Jay gets his ADHD from?  I think my mom is ADHD. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

Where was I?  Oh, I remember...I want to share three really neat websites with you for tonight's blog post.

The first website is a really great site for planning.  The web address is http://www.teachergate.com/.  I actually signed up for this site a long while back.  I signed up because my aunt and her hubbie worked on the graphic design for this site and asked me to try it out.  At that point is was always going to be free.  Now it is saying they will begin charging for this site.  I have no idea what kind of pricing they will have.  I will try to get the skinny and let you know.  Regardless, it is a really handy site for planning purposes.  It is designed for teachers to be able to communicate with their students online.  It is still a great site if you are only planning for one, two, three, or more children.  I like the calendar that this site boasts.  You can choose between and daily, weekly, or monthly calendar.  It is handy dandy to have.  Give it a look see.

The next website is a totally free and cool website for creating chore charts for the fam-jam. This site can be found at http://www.myjobchart.com/.
     My Job Chart is the free, easy to use, online chore chart and reward system for teaching, organizing and motivating your kids to Save, Share and Spend responsibly.
My Job Chart makes it easy for parents to assign chores and more motivating and meaningful for children to fulfill them.
My Job Chart facilitates fun, engaging, hands-on learning for kids on the ABCs of prosperity including saving, sharing and spending.
My Job Chart gives parents the satisfaction of seeing their kids gain the foundation skills of a strong work ethic and financial responsibility.
My Job Chart takes the struggle out of instilling a strong work ethic in kids.
Not my words here...I actually just copied and pasted the words from the intro to this site.  Have to give credit where credit is due, ya know!

The last thing I want to share is a link to my favorite homeschool blog.  Why am I sharing this link?  Well, today's blog post was on the science curriculum we are using this year.  I was totally going to blog about this awesome curriculum, but she scooped me.  Darn, I've been scooped!  There are also lots of really great comments you can read with links and other information to boot.  You can read about only the coolest science curriculum ever here.

Much love my blog peeps,

No comments:

Post a Comment